At WrenchWay, we understand that in order to solve the technician shortage, we need to be continually promoting and improving technician careers. And, if we’re being honest, there are some much needed changes that need to happen in the automotive, diesel, and collision industries in order to do so.
Each month, we will be sharing content, hosting events, and working with our clients to help improve, elevate, and promote technician careers. Not only do we want to help shops improve, but we also want to celebrate and highlight the shops who are doing these things well already.
WrenchWay’s May Topic of the Month: Technician Onboarding
Having a solid onboarding process for new technicians is critical to their long-term success at the shop. However, studies have shown that 88% of organizations don’t onboard well (Gallup).
Throughout the month of May, we will be talking about all things technician onboarding. Join us by participating in one or all of the following:
- Roundtable – We brought together three experts to talk about how they onboard new technicians. Watch the Recording
- Shop Talk Videos – Watch videos from Top Shops across the country as they share how they onboard new technicians to set them up for success from day one at the shop. Visit Shop Talk
- Blog Articles – We’ll be featuring shops with the best onboarding processes and sharing tips on how to create a great onboarding experience. Subscribe to the WrenchWay blog to ensure you don’t miss an article! Subscribe to the Blog
- New Guides – We’re creating detailed guides that give a step-by-step approach to creating an exceptional onboarding process for new technicians. (Guides are exclusively available to WrenchWay Top Shops.) Learn More About Becoming a WrenchWay Top Shop
- Poll Questions & Discussions – We’ll be posting poll questions on Shop Talk to spark discussions between technicians and shops.